Monday, May 15, 2006

weekend

Friday was the prom. I wore the same dress as at the wedding and encountered no problems, zipper or otherwise. The prom was on the Queen Mary and felt more like a wedding than a prom until they starting playing really loud reggaeton, at which point it just felt loud. The prom included a sit-down dinner and the food was actually really yummy. The vegetarian plate was pasta with vegetables in a parmesan butter sauce. Mmmmmm.

On Saturday, I went climbing at tick rock in Santa Monica.
Pros: close.
Cons: not much climbing.

The trip was rather ill-fated. When we got there, no one else was there and we set up a top-rope. After a little bit, another climbing party arrived. I was about 60 feet up on the rock when I looked down and realized that some lady was climbing directly beneath me and was only a few feet below me. Now, for those who don’t know, it is very poor climbing etiquette to climb below someone. If I had fallen, I would have kicked her in the head. She also clipped into the same anchors that I was using which was really weird/rude. This would be like someone going up to you in a grocery store and starting to use your grocery basket. Later, on a different route, Keith took a magnificent 8-foot lead fall and scraped himself up, so we decided to leave early.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?