Saturday, May 06, 2006

boring day

Today I was tortured for 8 hours at UCLA and tomorrow I’ll have to endure another 8 hours of torture. I am taking a 1 credit class called “Health for Teachers”. Today I learned about mental health, asthma, childhood obesity, and reading food labels. The only worthwhile session was the one about food labels, which was actually very interesting. I learned that I need to stop eating so much sugar and should eat more fiber. Then I went home and had pasta and two nutty bars (all sugar, no fiber, oh well!).

Yesterday I went to REI to use my member special 20% off coupon. I got a book called “Sport Climbing Southern California” which has some information about some new climbing areas that I am excited to check out. I am going to set up a trip for Tick Rock in Pacific Palisades for next Saturday. I’ll post a full report later.

In other news, there are a lot of field trips coming up at school soon. Normally I really enjoy field trips. They are a chance to get out of the classroom and try something new. But right now I just don’t feel too excited. These are trips with mostly general ed. kids and it is exhausting to have to monitor kids that I don’t know very well. I wouldn’t mind if I only had to work with my SPED kids, but that is not how it works.


Comments:
Tick Rock sounds like a blast, can't wait!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?