Wednesday, April 05, 2006

school stuff

I did conferences today, and only had two “no-shows”, which is probably my best success yet. They actually weren’t that bad. Usually I get at least one or two criers, but this time no parents cried, no students cried, and I didn’t cry (got close though, talking to a parent whose six-year-old is struggling with brain cancer and feels so guilty about not having time to devote to her older kid).

Exciting news: only two more days before the big ECHS Talent Show (Friday, 7 PM, Redondo Beach Playhouse, $5 – for interested parties). I have several students who are performing and I am really looking forward to it. One of my students is performing poetry and several others are singing. I can hardly wait!


Comments:
Sounds like a blast. Although, since they are HS students, perhaps calling it a "Talent" show is stretching the truth ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?