Thursday, March 30, 2006

update

Further research (i.e. asking my Spanish native 10th graders) has revealed that para de chingarme actually means stop f*cking with me! Oh gosh, that is even more rude than I suspected.

The punishment that the Dean of Students assigned for this particular infraction was rather severe. The parent had to take a day off work and shadow the student at school all day (which incidentally was today). Of course, today her behavior was impeccable. But then, she always does behave for me.

Students usually behave for me even if they misbehave most of the time in other classes. The reason is that I often quickly win them over. For better or worse, many students see me as a magical type of person who makes them able to do work that, without me, would be impossible. I spend much of my time trying to show them that I am not the magic key and that they do have the skills and can learn the strategies to do it all without me. However, being that many do see me as the magic key, their behavior is generally good for me.

Comments:
Maybe you are a magic key. One of those special teachers who inspire people to greater things.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?