Wednesday, March 22, 2006

slug marathon

One of the reasons that public school is only 180 days per year is that it teachers can’t stand any more than that. Right now I am at the tail end of a very long period without any breaks. Winter break was 11 weeks ago and I have three weeks to go until spring break (a whole week off). I feel like I am running a marathon. I just hit mile 21 and don’t think I can make it to the end.

I am going to take a day off next week and just be slug at home and try not to think/worry about 12th graders who are failing and at risk for not graduating, 11th graders who won’t follow rules and are at risk for expulsion, 10th graders who cheat and got kicked out of the High School Exit Exam, and 9th graders who still are not being given the support from their general ed. teachers that they desperately need. Nope, I won’t think about any of that, I’ll just be a slug and watch TV and eat popcorn and drink Diet Coke. That will be nice.


Comments:
Good for you! Playing hookie solves lots of problems - I should know.

And tell Schataje to stop eating birds, that is mean.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?