Saturday, March 18, 2006

LA Clippers

On Friday, I volunteered at an LA Clippers game for Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times. The event was called “The Shirts off their Backs”. We sold raffle tickets for $1 and at the end of the game, the players stripped off their sweaty jerseys, signed them, and handed them out to the lucky winners (yuck!).

I was a volunteer leader, in charge of motivating and organizing 7 other volunteers. We were assigned to the suite area but had free range to roam the entire staples center. It was cool to be able to wander way up to the fancy boxes and all the way down to the courtside seats (where I spotted Frankie Muniz from Malcolm in the Middle).

I discovered that the best selling technique was to approach people in their seats and block them in so that they couldn’t escape my pitch. Even so, I only sold to about 10% of people I approached. Boy, it was tough to get shot down so much, but it was for a good cause.

In all, I sold over 160 tickets! Hurray me!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?