Monday, February 20, 2006

day off

Climbing:
Today was a day off of work. I took a hike on some rocky and rugged coastline in Rancho Palos Verdes that ended with some neat bouldering at the Bird Cave. Later, Jon and I did some climbing at BCR. On Keith’s recommendation, I focused on bouldering and working out my back muscles. I felt proud about finishing a super-overhung bouldering route (even if it was a V0).

Schataje:
Schataje is feeling better everyday. She has enough strength now to complain loudly about her treatments. She is such a good girl though, she sits patiently and submits to them. Also, I found her at the top of the fence today, which is good news because it means that she has the strength to climb up there. She has been trying out some new foods in addition to her prescription cat food: tuna, and starting tomorrow, Pedialyte.

Comments:
Great job! Don't underestimate yourself on those V0's. A V0 is like the crux of a 5.9+ to 5.10b. But on a severely overhung boulder, it's like climbing the hardest part of a cave 9 to 10b!
 
Good Schataje, strong cat! I am proud of her for getting well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?