Thursday, February 02, 2006

Beauty and the Geek

I watched my first ever episode of Beauty and the Geek today. It was surprisingly amusing. The premise of the show is something like this: gather up some supposedly attractive but stupid women and some supposedly socially inept but academically successful men, put them in a house, engage them in amusing flirtation-inducing challenges and see what happens. There is also some sort of elimination thing, but not sure how that works.

This show prompted me to ask myself the following:
1. Why is the successful computer programmer desperate to date the uneducated cocktail waitress?
2. Why does the hairy Indian MIT graduate allow them to wax his chest (Ben do you know this guy? He is now a grad student at Berkeley.)
3. Why was the Asian geek eliminated the first week (aren't Asian geeks the supreme geeks?)
4. Why is it so geekily impressive that Chris (at age 22) has only kissed one girl? I know some geeks who could pulverize that record (i.e.: in mid-20s and have kissed zero girls).

Incidentally, I took the official “Beauty and the Geek Quiz: How Geeky Are You?” and scored You're Very Geeky.


Comments:
I also scored "You're Very Geeky", not altogether surprising.
 
Dan: "You're very geeky"
Mateo: "You're pretty geeky"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?